What I'm doing now
Designing better thought-processing tools
I’m the CEO of Obsidian, a private and flexible note‑taking app that adapts to the way you think. A few popular entries related to Obsidian:
- File over app
- Photoshop for text
- Quality software deserves your hard-earned cash
- Evergreen notes turn ideas into objects that you can manipulate
- 40 questions to ask yourself every year
See Projects for a full list of past projects.
Accelerating the transition to sustainable packaging
I created Lumi with my friend Jesse Genet
- Lumi a software platform to find and collaborate with packaging and print manufacturers. Lumi was acquired in 2021.
- Slash Packaging a directory of brands that have a /packaging page where they share their packaging sustainability commitments. Why I started this.
Exploring how we can change patterns of consumption
I hosted a podcast called Well Made. It’s a compendium of ideas that can help us shift the way we think about the long-term health of our planet and people.
My guests have included entrepreneurs, journalists, non-profit leaders, authors, and experts, from organizations like Patagonia, Climate Neutral, B Corporations, Shopify, Etsy, The Wall Street Journal and more.